Lucy represented BDC at the Pacific School Games which have been held in Adelaide from 1-10th December. It is an international event with teams coming from all states and territories and 9 overseas countries competing in 11 different sports. .
Lucy’s route for selection was
– Played for BDC in the local interschool competition
– Selected and played for BDC in Sydney against other Independent schools from NSW
– Selected from the Sydney competition to form part of the NSW Combined Independent School (CIS) touch team – this comprised of girls within NSW
– Played at Narrabeen as part of the NSW CIS team to play against Catholic Combined Colleges (CCC) and Combined High Schools ( CHS). These 3 teams are made up of the best players within NSW in their respective school group (CIS, CCC, CHS)
– From this 2 day carnival and camp a NSW team was selected to play at the Pacific School Games – selection was tough as up against 42 elite players.
– Lucy was selected to be part of this NSW 15 girls team – well deserved!
– Lucy was also awarded “Most Valuable player” for the CIS team during this 2 day carnival
– Lucy attended several training camps with her NSW team in both Sydney and the Central Coast
The NSW team played 7 pool games and won 6 very convincingly only going down to QLD in the pool games.
NSW had to play WA in the semi-finals winning 9-1 which took them into the grand final against QLD.
NSW went into half time with a 2-0 lead and were all playing extremely well. 2nd half QLD came out firing and put on 2 quick tries to level it at 2-2. QLD eventually won 4-2 but NSW made them work hard for those 2 late tries. It was an exciting match and NSW players played out of their skin and can walk away holding their silver medals up very high.
It has been an amazing 10 days for Lucy who has come away with many new friends within the touch family. Congratulations Lucy!